Wednesday 6 July 2016

TK Maxx Haul

I don't think I have ever left TK Maxx empty handed or disappointed. I popped in over the weekend to have a quick browse and came away with so many new products to try! It's definitely my favourite place to pick up a bargain.

Lange is a french beauty brand I hadn't heard of before so I thought I'd try out the Cleansing Foaming Gel (RRP £34, TKMaxx £9.99) and the Matifying Mask (RRP £75, TKMaxx £12). I've been using the gel for the last couple of days and I've noticed my skin looking clearer and calmer. The flare ups and red patches I can be prone to have improved and my skin feels fresh and thoroughly cleansed. I also really get a kick out of using this as the foam comes out directly on the applicator so it's very fuss-free and easy to use. No fiddly bits to put together and it's so easy to keep clean and tidy away! The applicator itself is almost like a very soft brush - the bristles are short, rounded and very flexible so it's not scratching your skin. I felt it was very gentle and relaxing when I used it to massage my face.

The matifying face mask is a green clay mask for blemished and oily skin that is suitable for sensitive skin. The packaging is again really impressive and it's obviously a very high end product. The formula was quick to apply and I found a little went a long way.

Another french product I found for my skincare routine was Valenca Paris face scrub (RRP £18, TKMaxx £9.99). The formula uses a mix of microbeads and oils to cleanse and moisturise the face. The main scent is Damascena rose oil which gives the scrub a subtle floral smell. I used to be obsessed with face scrubs but stopped using them after a while as I found the cheaper ones did more damage than good and I couldn't afford the more expensive ones! However this one is a rarity in that it is really good quality and relatively inexpensive. The microbeads were very gentle and my face definitely felt softer afterwards.

There was a huge selection of hand soaps so I decided to get some for the bathroom - Provence Beauty Natural Shea Butter bath soap (RRP £3.99, TK Maxx £3) and Molly & Rex Pillow Box Rose soap (RRP £2.99, TK Maxx £2). I was intrigued by the shea butter bath soap as I've never used shea butter in a cleansing product, I've only used it to moisturise. I love the bright packaging, it looks great in the bathroom and it smells lovely too. The lamb soap is adorable and I will admit, I bought it solely for the packaging! It was too cute to walk past! The soap inside is small and smells of roses, it's a really pretty item and would make an excellent present.

I was on the hunt for a decent hand cream and discovered Grace Cole Lavendar & Camomile (RRP £4, TK Maxx £2) and Panier den sens en Provence Stimulating Red Thistle (RRP £7.50, TK Maxx £4). I wasn't sure about the Lavendar and Camomile at first because those are two scents I associate with sleep and I really wanted hand cream for work! However I was won over by the price so I thought I'd treat myself! I've been using it after washing my hands and before going to bed and it's really soothing. The Stimulating Red Thistle scent is fantastic, it genuinely smells of the Scottish countryside and reminds me of hiking munros on muggy weekends. The packaging is gorgeous too and the formula itself melts in quickly and left my hands feeling soft and smelling lovely for ages.

I also got a couple of decorations and candles for around the flat. Bahoma London 'Vineyard' candle (RRP £25.95, TK Maxx £7.99) has such a gorgeous, luxurious scent. It wasn't until afterwards I realised that is was inspired by wine (hence 'Vineyard') which certainly explains why I liked the scent so much! It's a heady, fruity scent - fragrance notes are apple, aniseed, jasmine, cognac, orange, caramel, vanilla and musk. It smells really decadent and sweet, I love it. I haven't yet lit my Pecksniffs 'Rose and Peony' candle (RRP £15, TK Maxx £4.99) (how cute is the brand name Pecksniffs by the way?!). It smells very feminine and summery. I got this rather small Buddha for my fireplace (RRP £16.99, TK Maxx £4), I've been on the look out for a small Buddha for years so I'm happy I found this! I also got this house plant (TK Maxx £7.99) and I am ridiculously happy with it! All my plants die (mainly due to my cat attempting to eat them) so I thought I would try a fake one! So far the cat has been interested but the 'plant' has survived!

So pleased with my finds! What goodies have you found recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment