Thursday 21 August 2014

Victoria's Secret Love Spell Hydrating Body Lotion Review

I have a relatively complex opinion on body lotion. I usually find it a bit naff. It often feels filmy, smells cheap and doesn't really have a lasting effect. It also tends to be one of those products I get as a present rather than choose myself. After trying several different lotions over the years with varying success, I had sort of accepted that I would forever be a body oil kind of girl, leaving the lotions for pamper nights when I wasn't really too bothered about getting it all over my pyjamas.

So imagine how pleasantly surprised I was to find the perfect body lotion. I was even more surprised to find it was Victoria's Secret, a brand that you either love or loathe. I always felt that behind the gorgeous campaigns, they had a reputation for making cheap underwear that was severely overpriced that really put me off buying into the whole 'angel' concept. How wrong can one girl be?!

Seriously, I have no idea what the underwear is like, but this lotion is amazing. I tried a few of the different scents, but Love Spell was my absolute favourite. A fruity blend of cherry blossom and peach, it is so sweet and strong. I love that all of the scents were so feminine and clean, managing the tricky balancing act of being both heavy and day appropriate. The formula (containing aloe, oat and grape seed) instantly smoothed into my skin and felt so soft.

My favourite thing about this lotion? Being proved wrong. I had a full on EUREKA! moment. Finally! A body lotion that feels great with a beautiful scent that lasts all day!

Have you tried any of these lotions?

No comments:

Post a Comment