Tuesday 4 March 2014

Shrove Tuesday Pancake Recipe

I love pancakes, they are so quick and easy to make and they generally go with anything. Here is my super quick, super easy recipe.

Ingredients: 1 large egg, 1 cup self raising flour, 1 cup semi skimmed milk, a couple of knobs of butter, toppings*.

Equipment: 1 large frying pan, a spoon, a spatula, 1 mixing bowl, 1 whisk (I use electric), sieve, measuring cup (you can literally just use a cup - another awesome thing about baking pancakes, no weighing ingredients).

Flour, milk and egg go together in the whisking bowl and are whisked into a runny batter. Remember to sieve the flour so the batter isn't lumpy.

Melt the butter in the pan on a medium heat. Once it has melted, add a little of the batter at a time using a spoon. Cook for a couple of minutes until the bottom is solid enough to flip over, then a couple more minutes and they are done.

*Toppings

I topped my pancakes with some healthy blueberries and maple syrup (my absolute favourite). The recipe is savoury so really you can top them with whatever you want! My other recommendations would be any kind of fruit (can't go wrong with some strawberries and cream) or lemon juice and sugar for traditionalists!

What are your favourite pancake toppings? Any other maple syrup lovers, or savoury fans with tips? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment