Saturday 15 March 2014

Birchbox UK | March 2014

Birchbox - March 2014 Edition

I just love the look of this month's Birchbox, in collaboration with Lulu Guinness! It was so different from the usual box designs and really lovely and bright. Here is a round-up of my box opening:

Benefit | Stay Don't Stray

Benefit is a really good quality brand you can rely on so I'm really excited to try this eye primer. The packaging is adorable. I have a few cheap eye shadows that are really bad for clotting when I'm out at night, but I love the colours and can't bare to get rid, so hopefully this will be the perfect product to help out.

Dr. Brandt | Pores No More Pore Refiner

I am a huge fan of Dr. Brandt products, they are really expensive (a full size of this product is £39) but they really work. This will be a nice alternative to primer for a more natural look, I'm hoping it will leave my skin looking dewy and clear.

Aroma Works | Serenity Body Oil

This oil smells so good! The scent is a mix of lemongrass, neroli and geranium, it's really fresh and sweet. I love that it is a citrus scent in an oil, it would be the perfect wake up call for early mornings. The texture is smooth too so it goes on really easily and it feels really luxurious. It absorbed really well, especially on my legs that were left with a subtle glow (not too shiny like other oils!)

Molton Brown | Rhubarb & Rose Replenishing Hand Cream

My hands get so dry at work so this is definitely going in my hand bag! It isn't as strong as other hand moisturisers but it does make a difference. It is such an unusual scent, rhubarb is definitely not something I would have chosen for myself, but I'm so glad it was chosen for me! One of the main reasons I love my birchbox is because it chooses products I wouldn't otherwise try. The rhubarb is a different choice, but it's a winner for me, I love that it reminds me of my mum's rhubarb pie!

English Laundry | No. 7 For Her

This perfume is described as having 'top notes of pear and jasmine blend with gardenia, vanilla and sandalwood'. It's a sweet smelling perfume, personally I would use it as day wear perfume. It is quite a fruity scent but the vanilla balances that out.

Candy Rock

A cute stripy piece of rock was popped in as a lifestyle extra. It represents the Lulu Guinness side of the collaboration, as she was inspired in her Spring/Summer 2014 collection by traditional sweet shops. It has been ages since I've had a piece of rock, it always reminds me of my Grandad and visiting him in Great Yarmouth!

I really loved the design of the box this month, the collaboration with Lulu Guinness was awesome. There were a lot of lovely scents this month, perfect to get me into the mood for Spring and out of the hibernation mind set!

You can subscribe to Birchbox for £10 per month (plus £2.95 for P&P). You receive 5-6 beauty samples to try each month, and makes a great present for family and friends, or just a monthly treat for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment